Progressive projects default to MXF but interlace projects before Media Composer 3.0 do not. To change the media type from OMFI to MXF you need to do the following:
1. Have a project open and go to the main project window and click on the settings tab.
2. Then scroll down and look for the Media Creation and double click on it.
3. Once that window is open go all the way to the last tab Media Type and click on it.
4. Then you will choose the drop down menu and click on MXF and close out.
5. You should now have MXF Media Type.
Submit A Question To Tech Support: Tech Support Form