I can’t digitize a clip longer than 30 minutes
This is relevant to anyone attempting to capture longer segments of video to their system. This setting is in your project window and you may need to adjust if you are planning on capturing long segments of video. By default Avid will limit the capture to 30 minutes. This can be easily changed to whatever limit you need, hard drive space permitting.
1. Under your Project Window> Settings window, go to the "Capture" setting.
2. In the window that appears, go to the OMFI Media Files tab (the last tab).
3. Under Media Files there is a button that says "Digitize to a single file, 2 GB limit" make sure that is NOT selected. Beneath that is another button that says "Digitize to multiple files" make sure that one IS selected.
4. There is another box where you can enter in the "Maximum (default) digitizing time" and that is in minutes. Change that to the amount of time you feel you will need to capture as a maximum and away you go.
5. Click OK and you should be set.
This is a User level setting and will be set for only user that is currently logged in when you change that setting.
|Product: Avid Xpress/Xpress DV/Avid Xpress Pro/Avid Media Composer
|Issue ID: 48
|Keywords: digitize, 30 minutes, single file, 2 GB limit, issue ID 48